Monday, April 7, 2008

And yet another joins the flock



After 3 attempts to inspect the 1978 wrecked Royale here in Tucson, the day finally arrived and I was able to get it hauled out to the ranch. The coach was placed on eBay by the daughter of the owners in Oklahoma. It had been hit "very hard" in the right front while here in Tucson and hauled to an insurance storage yard for auction. The owners settled with the insurance company and bought back the salvage and then placed it on eBay. The successful bidder was Jim Pasek of Minnesota who contacted me to help him with getting it moved out of the $25 per day insurance yard and out to my property where he could decide it's future.

I was able to jump the batteries and get the compressor going to air up the suspension. Having just hauled the 76 Eleganza on the 30' rollback, I knew that the higher the rear suspension, the better.

It now is happily resting at el Rancho de la Calle Seneca awaiting Jim's arrival so we can determine the next step. Stay tuned. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, better ones are coming.

If you're interested in parts, email me.

No comments: